Because of the snow storm, they cut back on staff for tonight. My shift got cut and that’s fine by me. I will be spending the evening with Stingy Jack.
I should be able to buy pumpkin everything (dip, donuts, wine, cookies, tea, pie) year round.
Pumpkin flavored items (especially of the doughnut variety) are the reason I’m going to be packing extra weight come winter.
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 84.2 • Fat: 0.8 g • Protein: 0.6 g • Carb: 18.5 g • Fiber: 0.3 g • Sugar: 9.9 g
Sodium: 140.9 mg
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 121.1 • Fat: 2.8 g • Protein: 1.4 g • Carb: 23.2 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Sugar: 13.9 g
Sodium: 142.3 mg
- 18.25 oz Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- For the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 5 tbsp packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Combine cake mix and pumpkin spice in a large bowl. Add pumpkin puree and water, mix about 2 minutes.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake about 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar until smooth. You can use a spatula to ice the cupcakes or pipe them which may require making more frosting.
Added to my list of new cupcake/frosting combos to try out!